How Can You Prevent your Facebook Account From Hackers (Useful Tricks)
9 Tricks to Protect Facebook account from Hackers ?
Well guys, this is our new and very useful post for people who need to learn How to Secure your Facebook account from Hacking and Theft. People are constantly using Facebook. They login their Facebook account in office, laptop, computer or phone and there are many chances you may leave your account on without logging out. If your account can be accessed by strangers you can be in trouble. So you have to be careful and must know How to protect Facebook account from Hackers ?
We all know about Facebook and are very keen to use it. Facebook is very popular in 21st century. There are almost 1.3 billion users of Facebook worldwide. It’s an amazing way to stay in touch with all relatives, friends, family, classmates and colleagues. People know about others, what they are doing etc. via Facebook.
Why People Hack Facebook Account
People get Jealous with other people and may want to take revenge and subsequently may try to hack Facebook accounts. But nowadays acts of crime can be done by hacking Facebook accounts and using them for spamming and terrorist activities. There are many reasons to hack Facebook account. So before you actually face trouble, you need to know about this trick about How You can Secure Your Facebook Account From Hackers.
9 Ways To Keep Hackers off Your Facebook Account
If your smartphone or device has been stolen in which you have logged in your Facebook account then there are many ways to save your account. To handle the this type of situation you have to read this article. By this article, we will give you some important ideas that you can take and prevent your personal Facebook account from being hacked by others.
1. Create your Password Very Strong
Creating a very strong Facebook password is one the best security tips you can do . Your password should not be guessable like a string of random characters like ‘[email protected],$L”A% etc. and the longer the password the better it is. If your password is about 9 characters long then it will take around 26 days for hackers to crack it. The best and secure password is usage of Small case letters, Upper Case letters, numbers and symbols simultaneously in a single combination.
To change your password :
Account Settings > General > Password.
2. Confirm your mobile number
When you create Facebook account you have to enter your mobile number also and if you forget your Facebook password it will help you send new password on your mobile via SMS. Mobile number will enhance your Facebook account security. If you did’t add your mobile number in your Facebook account then we’ll show you how to do it.
- Account Settings > Mobile and click on Add a Phone Number.
- Then you have to Select your country and set the mobile carrier.
- And go to Next button.
- Now send the SMS on your mobile number .
- You will get a code via SMS on your mobile.
- Then you have to enter the code in the column.
- Option<share your mobile number with friends/Share your number
- You have to select one option .
- Then your mobile number will be registered on Facebook.
3. Activate Secure browsing
This is another tip for you to protect Facebook account from hackers. You have to turn on secure browsing option for the safety your Facebook account.
- Secure your account > click on drop down menu.
- This menu is located on top right corner of your Facebook account .
- Then go to the Account Settings.
- And you have to select Security from the left menu.
- Click on Secure Browsing and you have to click on the Edit link at the right.
- Then check the box Browse Facebook on a secure connection.
- And click on the Save Changes button.
- You have done this setting.
4. Activate ‘Login Approvals’
This is a feature that is given by Facebook namely ‘Login Approvals’. When you access your Facebook account from unrecognized devices this feature asks you to enter security code every time you access your Facebook. This is the feature that can best save your account from hackers. Activate your Login approval by these following steps: Firstly you have to go to Account Settings > Security.
- In the login approval click on the Edit button.
- Then you have to tick the check box and activate.
- A pop window will open and give you the description of login approval.
- Click on the Set Up Now button to continue.
- If your mobile number is registered on Facebook then will get the code via SMS.
- Then you have to enter this code in this Box .
- And then click on the Submit Code Button.
- Now you have completed this login approval request.
- Click Next to continue.
If you are not able to receive any SMS then Facebook will give you a Code Generator. Then just Click on the continue button.
Code Generator for Android phones
If you are using android phone then always use android activation.
- If you don’t have Facebook application on your mobile then Go to the Google Play Store and install it.
- After installing click on the next button.
- Your code generator is active.
- Now Facebook will guide you on how to use code generator.
- Next time when you generate a new code you have to launch your app.
- To make the code appear Account > Code Generator
- When you complete the steps to login the approvals, then click on the Close button.
5. Disconnect Previous Active Sessions
Facebook lets you know about your last active sessions. You can also know where you had accessed or made a login from with the last used time details.
- You have to go to your Account Settings > Security page.
- Then look for ‘Active Sessions‘ and click on Edit.
- Now you can see all your previous sessions in the list.
- Click on the link ‘End Activity‘ to kill the activities from other devices.
6. Activate Private Browsing
There’s one more trick to protect Facebook account from hackers. If you activate private browsing option no other person will able to access your account. You find this browsing option in all browsers. When you activate this option no one can log in using your browsing history as no browsing history is saved during private Browsing.
Safari is a browser used for internet browsing on MAC.
- Activate your private browsing .
- Go to the Menu.
- Then click on Safari > Private Browsing.
If you using Firefox browser.
- For activating go to the menu.
- Then Tools > Start Private Browsing.
If you are using Google Chrome, then there’s an option to browse using the Incognito window. In this version all browsing activities will not be saved.
- To open this Window.
- You have to go to File > New Incognito Window.
7. Don’t ‘Keep Me Logged In’
This is the best option to save your account from being hacked by someone. When you login in to your account, you will find a small checkbox that says Keep me logged in. You don’t have to leave this box checked. Always keep this box unchecked. Afterwards whenever you log in it will ask you for your Email Id and Password .
8. Avoid Spam Links
Always avoid Spam Links especially those that come up after you click on an unwanted Advertisement or from your email links. After you accidentally click on an advertisement or some suspicious links from your spam mails list and it redirects you to Facebook then Never ever log in on that Facebook Page. That may be a phishing Page which can be used to steal your Log in credentials. This mostly happens when you are browsing some explicit content or if your browser is inflicted with Adwares and Malwares. In such cases use or antivirus or spyware or download adware removal tool to detect and remove Adwares and Malwares from your browser and PC.
- Always open Facebook using Direct Links i.e www.Facebook.com. Never Log in when you have been redirected unknowingly to Facebook. That maybe a Phishing page Scam.
- Even when you are Logged in on Facebook Do not click on suspicious posts mostly related to Porn.
9. Sign Out after use
Last but not least it’s very important to all the Facebook users, Please do not forget to logout when you have used Facebook. You have to remember this every time. Never forget to Log Out your Facebook and protect Facebook account from Hackers.
About This Post
In this post we have given you the most useful tricks to protect Facebook account from hackers and now you can use your Facebook without any worries. These security steps are very useful for all the Facebook lovers. If anybody tries to hack your Facebook then Facebook will send a notification to you and warn you. In This post we have given you 9 security steps on how to protect Facebook account from hackers. If you want some other stuff, Feel free to send a comment and to know about more post and queries, please tell us by commenting in the comment box. It is our pleasure that you are appreciating our posts and articles. Keep Supporting us and we will be back with other useful information! Until Then A Big